Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Take Away 116 - Doing It

Monday was the kick off to the company's version of "The Biggest Loser". Everyone was greeted at the door with a big Fuji apple and encouragement to attend the kickoff at lunchtime for details. It's a good program and I'm already doing a lot of the good stuff. One of my downfalls is getting enough exercise. I have a treadmill but it's a love/hate relationship I have with it.  I have tennis shoes under my desk at work too.  Yesterday I decided early in the morning I'd take a walk at lunch. I've had those shoes at work for months and have never gone for a walk. In a split second I decided that if I didn't put those shoes on, I wasn't going to make it in this biggest loser challenge. That's how it is with me. I sometimes gotta do things I don't want to do. So, I put those shoes on and my iPod and headed out the door for an awesome 20 minute walk.

TAKE AWAY: What I did yesterday isn't going to help me today.
I have to keep approaching each day with a new resolve
to keep doing the things that keep me healthy.
Eat right.
Exercise.
A little mediation.
Some quiet time.
Light box.
Love.
Write.
Laugh.
Pet the dogs.
Put on my tennis shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I remember an interview with Michael Phelps during the Olympics and he said something similar regarding his training "Sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do." So true.

    Your take away list is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete