Saturday, September 22, 2012

Take Away 113 - Practice Sitting Still

It has been another crazy, non-stop summer. My plan today is to try to make no plans. This sounds easier than it actually is. So ... since about 7 a.m. today, I just decided to do a little and then sit still for a few minutes. I figure if I practice sitting still, I'll get better at it. In the meantime, I made a pot of steel cut oats and divided it into four little bowls for the next 4 days. I did a little clean-up in my herb garden, putting two 5-gallon buckets in the lawn debris can, I cleaned out a cupboard that's been bugging me all summer, and I scrambled some eggs to take across the street to my dying neighbor who is now totally dependent on others for all her needs. I get the most grateful after a visit with her. The two of us, we've never experienced this day before. I don't want to waste it but I gotta slow down for just a bit.

TAKE AWAY: It's good to practice sitting still.
And, that's about all I can do ... practice.

2 comments:

  1. I am into drying fruit and vegies now. Boy can I see those herbs in the dryer. Rather than plants I will prob just take a knife cut my way out there but would have to have Gene or you to tell me what I am cutting and mark it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I don't know much about what is growing out there. I just like the way it looks when it's in full bloom! Gene is better at identifying the herbs.

      Delete