Saturday, September 24, 2011

Take Away 2 - Stamina

We got up very early to hit the road at 5:30 a.m., traveling by car 20 miles to see the Prosser Balloon Rally. It was worth getting up early and I enjoyed it as much as the first time I ever saw a balloon go up. They let you out on the field so you can watch the whole process starting from the rolling out of the huge balloons to putting hot air in them and then you can talk to the people in the basket before they go up. There were at least 30 balloons today.

When we got home, we decided to get on the motorcycles because tomorrow it's supposed to rain and our number of riding days is dwindling fast. We left at 10:00 a.m. and got home about 6:00 p.m.  It was a 300 mile day. This was my 3rd three hundred mile day this summer. I didn't even feel tired when we got home.

TAKE AWAY:

I have way more stamina than I think I do. The trick is to not think about what a long day it is going to be ... think about how much fun you can pack into it! 

P.S. I got stung on the face by a yellow jacket while riding today. It hurt like crazy. If that wasn't bad enough, I got stung again as I was parking my bike in the garage when we got home. The bee had apparently gone up my sleeve and hitched a ride home with me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. What a wonderful reminder about the power of our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I'm doing something that I consider fun, I rarely feel like I won't have enough energy to continue. It's when I have to do something I'd rather not do, something that I don't find intellectually stimulating, something that I have to do (like work) - these are the things that make me feel tired. It's quite possible that I'm not actually tired, but my mind is trying to create an excuse to not do those things, because it really doesn't want to.

    Can't believe you got stung in the face! Hope you are terribly allergic. That could cause serious problems with riding, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete