Thursday, September 29, 2011

Take Away 7 - What If and So What

My husband told me yesterday he started following this blog. He said, "what if you don't have a take away to write about?"  I told him I'd just write exactly that. But only once.  I thought about it a lot yesterday. You see, I'm always thinking. The day I don't have a take away is the day I'm not present and accounted for.  Not today.

So, my peeps are coming to visit us today! My dad and Nancy will be here when I get home from work. They will be heading south shortly so we are going to pretend it's Thanksgiving. 

TAKE AWAY: WHAT IF
  • What if we don't have pumpkin pie for dessert; so what?
  • What if I don't worry about getting the china out of the cupboard; so what?
  • What if my house isn't spotless; so what?
  • What if the lawn doesn't get mowed today; so what? 
Seriously, who cares?

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being present today! :) I sometimes get caught up in the "thick of thin things"... fretting over stuff that doesn't matter in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning to say "so what" to all of the what ifs is one of the better things I've gained through age. I used to be so uptight about little things like that (and sometimes still am) but over time I have learned to just go with things without expecting a certain outcome (something you've mentioned on my blog). The time spent with those I love is far more important than the little details of the day.

    ReplyDelete