Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Take Away 66 - Full Circles

Today I saw a photograph of a co-worker's daughter whom she has not yet held in her arms. She is in the process of adopting a 10 month old baby girl who was found abandoned in an apartment in China. I got goosebumps as I ventured over to her cubicle to sit down for a few minutes to hear about her. After 5 years of being on a waiting list, she found out yesterday that she and her husband will be traveling to China in about 8 to 10 weeks to get her. She was overwhelmed with happiness!  It was nice to be on this end of things. I was adopted some 50+ years ago. I went back to my desk and thought about my own parents and what it must have been like for them when they discovered my sister and I were available for adoption. 

TAKE AWAY: Life has a funny way of bringing me full circle. 
What a joy for me to witness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment