Saturday, October 8, 2011

Take Away 15 - Say Yes

We went bowling with a great group of friends last night. It was already 9:30 by the time I got the bowling shoes on and rolled the first ball. My knee started throbbing with the first throw but I kept bowling in spite of it, not knowing if I'd be able to walk on it today. I'm fine

I'm still not feeling 100% after being sick this week but I said YES to bowling anyway. I have learned to say yes to things that maybe I don't want do. I've learned to ignore the lame voice in my head that spouts some stupid excuse not to go. I would have missed a great amount of fun. The best part was watching my friends have so much fun.

TAKE AWAY:  Say yes even when you don't want to.

2 comments:

  1. I almost missed out on a great family gathering today. I had so much to do and told myself maybe I should stay home and "get things done." But I decided to say yes to going and soooo glad I did. Had a wonderful time. The to-dos will be there another day. They always are.

    ReplyDelete