Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Take Away 24 - Connect the Dots

Yesterday I ate a piece of leftover birthday cake someone left in the lunchroom at work. It had pretty pink flowers on it with glazed strawberries in the middle with a light whipped, yummy frosting on top. The selling point of the cake: it was from a Mexican bakery in Pasco. I sliced a piece of it early in the day, thinking I'd have a bite of it about 3p.m. with a cup of coffee. It never made it past 12:30. I felt sluggish and "icky" about it all afternoon ~ especially when the banana and apple I had sitting on my desk kept staring at me. Late in the day, a well-meaning co-worker dropped a bag of buttery, popped Orville Reddenbacher at my desk. At least I had the foresight to share it with the next cubicle over. If that wasn't enough, I met a friend for dinner and had a nice, lite bowl of chicken pho, which wasn't too bad calorie wise but the salt put me over the top. 


TAKE AWAY: I need to remember that what goes in 
determines how I'm gonna feel, whether it's food or information.

 

2 comments:

  1. I can relate, but it's not a bad thing to notice the effect the stuff has on us. I look at it as me paying more attention to what my body is trying to tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you added "information" ... that was food for thought. Taking in some kinds of information really does affect how I will feel--depending on how I process it.

    ReplyDelete